On December 7th, 2021, the province of Ontario held an Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw.
For this round of OINP, a total of 1,186 targeted invitations were issued to candidates registered for the Regional Immigration Pilot in the Expression of Interest system pool who may qualify for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker, International Student, and In-Demand Skills streams.
The OINP conducted two separate general draws as well:
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream: score of 37 and above
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream: score of 62 and above
The OINP also conducted a targeted draw for candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream with work experience in the national occupational codes (NOC) below:
Health and agricultural occupations:
NOC 3413 – nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
NOC 4412 – home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
NOC 8431 – general farm workers
NOC 8432 – nursery and greenhouse workers NOC 8611 – harvesting labourers
NOC 9462 – industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
Manufacturing (outside the GTA only):
NOC 9411 – machine operators, mineral and metal processing
NOC 9416 – metalworking and forging machine operators
NOC 9417 – machining tool operators
NOC 9418 – other metal products machine operators
NOC 9421 – chemical plant machine operators
NOC 9422 – plastics processing machine operators
NOC 9437 – woodworking machine operators
NOC 9446 – industrial sewing machine operators
NOC 9461 – process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated products processing
NOC 9523 – electronics assemblers, fabricators, inspectors and testers
NOC 9526 – mechanical assemblers and inspectors
NOC 9536 – industrial painters, coaters and metal finishing process operators
NOC 9537 – other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors
Those which received an invitation on December 7th, 2021 may apply.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is Ontario’s economic immigration program. OINP works in partnership with the Government of Canada through through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
OINP nominates individuals with skills and experience the Ontario economy needs for permanent residency. The final approval for permanent residency application comes from the Government of Canada.
Who Qualifies for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
There are three ways you may qualify for a nomination:
- Employer job offer category: for workers who already have a permanent job offer from an Ontario employer
- Human capital category: for workers who have valuable work experience, education, language skills, and a profile in Canada’s Express Entry system; or for graduate students
- Business category: for entrepreneurs looking to start a new or buy an existing business in Ontario
Employer job offer category
The employer job offer category has three streams which operate under an expression of interest system.
- Foreign Worker stream: for workers in skilled positions
- International Student stream: for recent graduates in Ontario
- In-Demand Skills stream: for intermediate skilled workers in specific sectors
Human capital category
The human capital category has two sub-categories, the international graduate streams, and Ontario’s Express Entry streams.
International graduates have two streams, Masters Graduate or Ph.D. graduate streams. Under both streams, you must be a graduate from an Ontario institution with either a Masters or Ph.D. degree, respectively.
Ontario’s Express Entry
These streams operate through the federal government’s Express Entry System.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream: for French-Speaking skilled workers with the required work experience, education and language proficiency in French and English
- Human Capital Priorities stream: for skilled workers with the required work experience, education and language proficiency in French or English
- Skilled Trades stream: for workers with work experience in Ontario in an eligible trade occupation
Canada By Choice is a Canadian Immigration Firm based in Windsor, Ontario. Founded in 2007, Canada By Choice Immigration is widely considered one of the most respected immigration firms in our region. We have earned our reputation as a World Class firm by providing dedication and personalized service to each and every unique case before us.
Verify our Membership number here. Membership number: R530015