This page offers a detailed analysis of Canada’s Express Entry system for 2024, providing regular updates on draw results and trends. Our focus will be on delivering precise and insightful information, crucial for understanding the evolving landscape of Canadian immigration and its implications for applicants.
January 31st Express Entry Draw
On January 31st, 7,000 candidates were issued invitations to apply (ITAs) in a category-based selection focused on French language proficiency. This draw required candidates to have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 365, marking the lowest minimum CRS score recorded this year. This development highlights IRCC’s ongoing efforts to tailor immigration pathways to meet specific linguistic and skilled workforce needs within Canada.
January 23rd Express Entry Draw
In the most recent Express Entry draw, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has issued invitations to a total of 1,040 candidates. This draw was a general one from various Express Entry streams including the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). To qualify for this round of invitations, candidates needed to have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 543.
First Express Entry Draw of 2024
In the first Express Entry draw of 2024, Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited 1,510 candidates across all Express Entry programs, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). This general draw required candidates to have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 546. This draw follows a busy December 2023, which saw a total of seven Express Entry draws, the most in any month for the year.
2024 Express Entry Draw Results
Number of ITAs
French language proficiency
What is Express Entry and How It Works
Express Entry is Canada’s primary system for managing applications for permanent residence from skilled workers. It streamlines the immigration process, offering a faster and more efficient pathway for skilled immigrants to settle in Canada.
The Express Entry System
1. Eligibility for Programs and Category-Based Draws: Express Entry handles applications for three federal immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). In addition to these, IRCC has introduced category-based draws, which target specific groups such as trades occupations, technology professionals, and other sectors, to meet the precise labor market needs in Canada.
2. Creating a Profile: Candidates create an online profile detailing their skills, work experience, language proficiency, education, and other personal information.
3. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS): Profiles are evaluated and assigned a score under the Comprehensive Ranking System, which allocates points for various factors including age, education, work experience, language proficiency, and more.
4. Invitation to Apply (ITA): Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) regularly conducts Express Entry draws, inviting the highest-scoring candidates to apply for permanent residency.
5. Application for Permanent Residence: Upon receiving an ITA, candidates have a set timeframe, typically 60 days, to submit a comprehensive application for permanent residence.
6. Processing: Applications are reviewed by IRCC, with decisions based on the candidates’ eligibility and admissibility.
Renowned for its rapid processing, most Express Entry applications are processed within six months, making it a preferred route for skilled immigrants looking to contribute to Canada’s economy and society.
Canada By Choice provides professional guidance for navigating the Express Entry system, ensuring clients meet eligibility criteria and optimize their Comprehensive Ranking System scores. Our team assists with application accuracy and completeness, and offers support beyond the Invitation to Apply (ITA), including settlement advice in Canada. Our goal is to facilitate a smooth transition for clients seeking Canadian residency, leveraging our expertise for their success.
Canada By Choice is a Canadian Immigration Firm based in Windsor, Ontario. Founded in 2007, Canada By Choice Immigration is widely considered as one of the most respected immigration firms in our region. We have earned our reputation as a world class firm by providing dedication and personalized service to each and every unique case before us.
Verify our Membership number here. Membership number: R530015