July 20, 2016

Family Sponsorship


Family Sponsorship

Interested in having your parents or grandparents join you in Canada? If you are not eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents permanently, you should consider the new Super Visa. The Super Visa is a great alternative allowing your parent or grandparent to stay up to 2 years in Canada per visit, valid for 10 years. 

This is opposed to the regular Multiple-Entry Visa, which is also valid up to 10 years however the holder is only permitted to stay 6 months at a time.

Start now! Click here to see if you qualify


Family Sponsorship Has Never Been Easier

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada 18 years or older, you can sponsor your:

  • spouse,
  • common-law or conjugal partner, or
  • dependent children
  • Parents and Grandparents

Through Family Sponsorship your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada.


In addition you need to meet certain conditions:

  • You need last year income tax papers ( Notice of assessment)
  • Not receiving social assistance ( except if you are on disability)
  • Working ( ability to support self and family)
  • You need to be permanent resident or Canadian citizen

If you sponsor your parent or grandparent to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:

  • support them financially when they arrive
  • make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government
  • provide for your own essential needs and those of your parent or grandparent

However, once a spouse has been sponsored and arrived in Canada, they are eligible to work as long as they have a work permit. If your spouse applied, or wants to apply, under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada class, he or she can apply for an open work permit.

Canada By Choice makes it a priority to have an error free application, helping you develop a profile for success. Contact us today to get started.

Canada By Choice Immigration – Let us help you become a Canadian